Nova the Squirrel
A downloadable game
Explore 33 levels and fight 7 bosses across five different worlds in an attempt to save the world of Latte from the evil "Scheme Team".
- Copy the abilities of your enemies. (10 in all!)
- Over 35 different types of enemies, plus variants.
- Interesting puzzle mechanics.
- Fancy soundtrack full of effects, by Vuurniac Squarewave.
- Modern design: no lives or time limits, tons of checkpoints.
- A collectible in every stage for those wanting a challenge.
- Bonus challenge levels after the main game.
- Bonus game: Double Action Blaster Guys.
This game is open source! You can find its source code at its GitHub repository. While the tools are not very user-friendly yet, if you feel like getting into the code you can build new levels for the game with a drag-and-drop level editor, or modify the game as you please. Here is a second repository that's intended to be a more generic version of the engine, meant to be a cleaner starting point for a new game.
|Published||79 days ago|
|Tags||8-Bit, Animals, furry, Level Editor, NES, Pixel Art, Puzzle-Platformer|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files: